Friday, February 8, 2013

Professional Goals


As a teacher candidate enrolled in Prairie View A&M University’s College of Education my very immediate goal is obtain as much knowledge as possible from my dynamic instructors.  I am executing this goal by reading the required texts for all of my courses, and supplemental literature that will aide me in being successful this semester and in the future.  My next goal is to ensure when graduation day comes, my teacher certification will also be in hand.  On a daily basis I am reading, reciting and studying various tools that will help me pass the TExES. 

                Once I have reached those milestones the long term professional goal that I have for myself and my legacy is to be a reflective, compassionate, effective educator.  Other long term goals include being a staple in the community where I live and teach.  Someone that will be there for years to come who will motivate, educate and encourage others around me the way I have had positive people encouraging me.

4 comments:

  1. What grade level is secretly your dream teaching job, or do you want to experience the whole spectrum of your certification?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My focus right now is seventh grade reading and English but I secretly would like to teach math at any or all grade levels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6th grade english lanugage arts is where i can see myself. Thinking about certified in special education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, even though I only worked in special ed. for a couple of years, I know it's not where I want to be.

      Delete